Doug Baird is the Chief Executive Officer of New Street Group, a multi-disciplined consulting and recruitment company that advises its clients on their challenges in the future world of work. New Street Group offers the following services to the private and public sector: leadership consulting, executive search, interim management, talent management, agile RPO/MSP.
Doug founded Interim Partners in 2003, established BrightPool in 2009 and acquired Wickland Westcott in 2019.
Doug and the businesses have achieved the following accolades:
- Virgin / Sunday Times Fast Track 100 (the UK’s fastest growing private companies) in both 2008 and 2009
- Finalist in the National Business Awards for the Growth Strategy Award in 2009
- Runner up in the Yorkshire, Institute of Directors – Young Director of the Year Award in 2009 and 2011
- Awarded the Investors in People Bronze award in 2008, achieved Silver Status in 2011 and Investors in People Gold status in 2016
- Finalist in the Ernst and Young – Entrepreneur of the Year Competition in 2012.
- Drum National Business Awards – Winner, Best specialist Recruitment Firm 2015
- Epi-Server – Winner – UK Best B2B Website 2015
- Great Place to Work, Ranked in the UKs best companies to work – 2014, 2015 and 2017
- Voted the UK’s number one Interim Management service provider by the membership of the Institute for Interim Management (IIM) in 2017 and 2018
- NSG acquired leadership consulting company – Wickland Westcott in 2019
Doug began his recruitment career in 1994 with a national consultancy after which he played a significant part in the growth of a financial recruitment firm, ultimately being responsible for one of their businesses.
During his career he has worked with numerous companies in the FTSE 250 and Fortune 500. He is a graduate of the University of York, has been a business mentor in The Princes Trust and is a founding Patron of St Michaels’ Hospice Guild of Patrons.
For interim executives
Please note that we don't accept CV's sent directly by email, however we would love for you to join our interim community. To apply for an assignment please register here and follow through with the application process.