Interim Principal Software Engineer
Team leading a small team of engineers, typically 1 - 4 staff.
Supporting the maintenance and further development and enhancement of one or more real-time software and hardware subsystems within the MFR.
Designing, reviewing, developing, testing, documenting, configuring and delivering real-time software products to the agreed standards and procedures using the specified tools.
Testing software products sufficiently to ensure software product quality is maintained and minimal or no re-work is required.
Investigating and resolving obsolescence issues and problems raised during any stage of the development lifecycle, including software and system integration, qualification, and in-service trials.
Communicating effectively, identifying early potential risks, seeking clarification and providing feedback to the team leader.
Ensuring that a good working knowledge of Maritime Services related processes and product deliverables is maintained.
Producing Software Plans and Estimates and collating Software Metrics.
- Carrying out bid estimates, within authorised value levels, to ensure that they capture all requirements, customer obligations and acceptance criteria, achievable solutions with acceptable levels of technical risk and conformance with Company and Product Policies and standards.
- BEng/BSc in Computer Science or similar software qualification.
- CEng or equivalent level of capability.
- Senior Engineer with substantial software development experience, some of which has been in a Team Leading role.
- Extensive knowledge of C and ADA.
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience of UML or similar high level design methodology.
- Excellent software coding, integration and testing skills, ideally with a real time, multi-processor focus.
- Experience of configuration control systems.
- Good knowledge and experience with COTS hardware, device drivers and interface standards, including Ethernet, VME.
|Remuneration:||£500 per day|
|Sector:||Manufacturing & Engineering|
|Discipline:||Project and Programme Management|
|Date Added:||20 Jul 2018|
|Closing Date:||17 Aug 2018|
To see more details on this assignment or to apply for it please join our community or login. In the first instance please make all applications through the Interim Partners website so we can ensure your details are acknowledged and passed to the correct consultant.REGISTER MY INTEREST