Interim Head of Midwifery
Our client, an NHS Trust on the South Coast, is looking to identify an experienced interim Head of Midwifery to help drive improvements across governance and leadership.
As a part of the senior nursing team, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Midwifery team, implementing changes to governance processes and frameworks, and providing clear and strong leadership for the department.
The Chief Nurse has completed a review of the service and made a number of recommendations for improvement and it will be your responsibility to implement these changes across the department. The changes mainly focus around governance, leadership and there are currently no concerns over the quality of care the team are providing.
As the post is a statutory position, you will need to be a Registered Midwife. You should be an approachable clinical leader, ideally with recent experience managing a team of midwives although those with more operational/programme management backgrounds are still encouraged to apply.
In addition, you will:
- Provide subject matter expertise to the senior nursing team and at board level on all issues related to midwifery and nursing practice and government and professional policy that impacts on practice
- Significantly contribute to the Clinical Governance agenda and implement changes to Governance processes to ensure the department meets national and local standards and objectives
- Provide professional leadership to midwives and maternity support workers within maternity services
- Responsible for risk management, ensuring professional standards, leadership, appropriate planning implementations, monitoring and review mechanisms that are in place which develop high quality patient driven services
- Encourage, advise on and facilitate the introduction of new initiatives in practice to ensure improvements in nursing and midwifery care for women, children, families and babies
- Take a leadership / specialist role in the planning and development of midwifery to ensure that they are best provided to meet the developing needs of the service
This assignment will fall in scope of IR35.
If you are an experienced Registered Midwife who is passionate about developing teams and delivering excellent quality care and governance then we would love to hear from you.
|Remuneration:||£400-500 per day|
|Date Added:||25 Aug 2020|
|Closing Date:||22 Sep 2020|