Interim Freedom to Speak up Officer - HR - Health
Our client, a large Healthcare organisation, is looking to appoint an \"experienced\" Interim who can demonstrate that they have essentially previously held the specific role of a \"Freedom to Speak Up\" Guardian inside the Healthcare Sector.
The Freedom to Speak Up Guardian role requires a range of skills and competencies essentially within healthcare. These include, but are not limited to, skills and competencies in the following:-
Partnership building and relationship management
Knowledge of the speaking up agenda and local systems
Driving continuous improvement
Time management and prioritisation
Measuring effectiveness and impact
Training and capability building
Working with senior leaders
Suitable interim candidates who are available to start this interim assignment quickly, must have the following skillset and values and be able to demonstrate this within a healthcare setting previously.
Courage - speaking truthfully and challenging appropriate
Impartiality - remaining objective and unbiased
Empathy - listening well and acting with sensitivity
Learning - seeking and providing feedback and looking for opportunities to improve
To develop a robust 'Speak Up' strategic plan that can be embedded in all areas and throughout all levels of the organisation having previously done this in a healthcare setting. The responsibilities will include:-
- Establish & maintain 'Speaking Up' as a key organisational priority, engaging with the organisation's leadership teams to promote awareness, comprehension and an intelligence-led approach
- Develop and maintain a robust 'Speak Up' policy and associated SOPs; implement these, ensuring streamlined channels and a standardised, yet multi-modal approach towards the escalation and management of concerns.
- Critically examine inhibitory factors and potential barriers to Speaking up; develop appropriate strategies to overcome and mitigate these, promoting ease of escalation.
- Develop best-practice Key Performance Indicators that can support organisational evaluation, benchmarking and provide internal and external assurance.
- Develop reporting, communication and engagement procedures with the relevant key stakeholders (Senior Leaders in Q&A/Ops/HR) and wider employee-base; manage and maintain these, ensuring effective dissemination and information cascade.
- Working with the Academy, develop, deploy and maintain a portfolio of 'Speak Up' learning resources and aids that facilitate 'Speak up' awareness.
- Robust Speak Up Plan developed and delivered
- Strong engagement; organisational comprehension across leadership teams and acknowledgement of Speaking Up as an ongoing priority
- Effective policy ownership; robust policy and suite of SOPs in use
- FTSU KPIs in effect; dashboard reporting to relevant forums in line with schedule
- Embed 'Speak Up' in all relevant aspects of the employee lifecycle e.g., induction, employee 1:1s, facilitating cultural mindset.
The responsibility of this assignment will underpin to workers throughout the organisation that they have support where it may be required and to highlight any areas of concern appropriately.
They will ensure that Action is taken to ensure that groups that may face particular barriers to speaking up have the knowledge and support they need.
Speaking up policies and processes are effective and constantly improved.
The ideal candidate MUST have extensive experience in a previous FTSU role within healthcare. They will have previously worked in line with the National Guardians office and have a strong understanding of governance within healthcare.
Operate independently, impartially and objectively, whilst working in partnership with individuals and groups throughout their organisation, including their senior leadership team
Seek guidance and support from and, where appropriate, escalate matters to, bodies outside their organisation.
Support, and contribute to, the national Freedom to Speak Up Guardian network, comply with National Guardian Office guidance, and support each other by providing peer-to-peer support and sharing learning
- Must have experience in a similar FTSU role essentially within the Healthcare Sector with a minimum of 5 years previous experience.
- Be immediately available to start a new assignment
- Have the necessary skills and attributes to carry out the above role from a similar position
- Be used to working at all levels and have extensive experience of writing reports, managing process and working to Board level.
- Please note this role is 2.5 days per week.
If you are interested in this assignment, register your interest below.
|Remuneration:||£500 per day - 2.5 days|
|Date Added:||08 Oct 2020|
|Closing Date:||05 Nov 2020|