Interim Procurement Specialist
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, the overall goal for the Interim Procurement Director will be, over the course of the 6 month project, reduce raw material cost by an agreed amount, per manufactured product.
Main requirements for the role will include:
- Working with the Supply Chain team and technical experts lead, support and deliver existing cost reduction projects and reduce the cost of our raw material.
- Working with the Supply Chain team, Manufacturing Engineering team and Design teams, identify and deliver further opportunities to reduce cost through supplier negotiation or by design, process or specification change.
- Working with the Supply Chain team and respective technical experts, mitigate any on-costs caused by inflation or forced system change.
Required Skills and Experience will include:
- Gravitas to implement change and lead supplier negotiations.
- Procurement specialist.
- Project management.
- Cost analysis
- Background in construction and/or building material procurement.
- Very strong commercial acumen.
- Working with business owners and senior supplier representatives.
- Expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration and supplier negotiation.
- Building and analysing \"should cost\" models from first principles.
- Preparing bid specifications and leading the tendering and supplier selection processes.
- Working effectively with established teams.
- Working in a collaboration manner whilst being driven enough to implement significant change
|Remuneration:||£600 per day|
|Sector:||Manufacturing & Engineering|
|Date Added:||30 Oct 2020|
|Closing Date:||27 Nov 2020|