Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Consultant
Our client, a national charity, is looking to identify an experienced ED&I consultant for 25 days consultancy work between now and March 2021.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Performance and Planning and HRD, the successful candidate will lead the key projects that are currently in flight.
The charity has set up a Race Task Force to help make progress on Black Lives Matter. Your role would be to help them ensure they do not lose momentum on this important agenda whilst they recruit to a newly created post leading on ED&I.
As the ED&I specialist, you will work closely with the Race Task Force to deliver on:
- Updating the equality scheme
- Take their handling of Equality Impact Assessments (EIA) to a new level
- Working closely with the EDI group to ensure their voices are heard as they continue to chart their way through the pandemic.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who fosters an inclusive environment, an ED&I specialist that can advise and support this charity in becoming world class.
In addition, you will have responsibility for:
- Review policies and procedures to ensure that the charity are meeting all statutory requirements
- Working with senior managers to ensure that detailed equality impact assessments are carried out with respect to the pandemic: this is likely to cover such areas as return to offices, the ongoing impact of working from home, a review of our Business Continuity Plan and Crisis Management Framework, health and safety with a particular focus on the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) and changes to the charities policies to reflect new working practices;
- Providing subject matter expertise, advice and support regarding Black Lives Matter, and constructive challenge;
- Supporting with implementing s.75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998;
- Supporting with implementing the Welsh Language Commission standards
- Ensure that the EDI data reporting is robust and comprehensive
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about equality, diversity and inclusion.
This assignment will be home based.
Please contact Claire Carter for an informal conversation.
|Remuneration:||£550 per day|
|Sector:||Charity & Not-for-profit|
|Date Added:||03 Nov 2020|
|Closing Date:||01 Dec 2020|