Interim Director of Governance and Legal (Housing Association)
This large housing association in the South East is looking to engage an interim Director of Governance and legal for a period which could extend for more than a year. Reporting to the Chief Executive this role is pivotal for the continued management of the governance and the legalities of the Housing sector. They will be required to resolve complex organisational problems which present significant political, financial and reputational risks and support the Chief Executive in setting the overall strategic direction of the organisation as a member of the senior management team.
The successful applicant will support the Board and the Chief Executive in fulfilling their responsibilities for the proper governance of the organisation and compliance with the regulatory authorities and standards. They will also act as Company Secretary and ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with company and charity law and all other relevant legislation.
You will provide day to day management and oversight of the internal audit service that assists the Board and Chief Executive to ensure that the organisation's financial and other risk management controls are comprehensive and effective, comply with statutory requirements, professional standards and best practice, and safeguard the security of the assets. You will also lead Risk & Assurance, Legal, Health & Safety as well as a Secretariat.
It is essential that you can demonstrate the below-
- Experience of working at director level for a registered social housing provider of more than 20,000 units
- Experience of advising Boards and senior managers on a range of complex legal and regulatory issues.
- Experience of managing, developing and motivating small professional teams
- Commercial and financial acumen with experience of budget management and reporting
- Detailed knowledge of law pertaining to running a registered social housing provider
- Well-developed understanding of regulatory and governance structures
|Duration:||6 months plus|
|Sector:||Charity & Not-for-profit|
|Discipline:||Board and Leadership|
|Date Added:||13 Apr 2021|
|Closing Date:||11 May 2021|