Interim finance directors and CFOs are proven executives who can be deployed on a short, medium or longer-term basis. Our interims are specialists in providing leadership and support an organisation during a period of change, transition or crisis.
The modern role of an interim finance director or CFO is increasingly challenging and requires an evolved and enhanced skill-set – not least a depth and breadth of capability and experience. At Interim Partners, we’ve seen a significant increase in demand for these high-calibre interims in recent years.
Interim finance assignments across industry verticals have become popular for many different reasons. The economic environment and ever-changing, fast-evolving pace of technological advancements have played particularly key roles. Together these factors are placing pressure on organisations to cut costs, drive efficiencies and, in some cases, put turnaround plans in place. This is where our interims come onto their own.
Key benefits of interim finance professionals
- Access to strategic financial advice for new businesses to manage simple cash flow, budget planning, and establishing and managing operational systems and processes such as PAYE schemes
- Distress and turnaround business scenarios that require high-performing finance interim to transform cash management, improve controls and administer debt refinancing strategy
- Change transformation, for mergers and acquisitions requiring expertise to implement complex new processes and systems, and evaluating and building the finance function for operational performance and management reporting
- Business exit/deal financial and accountancy support to manage the strategy – this may be to work alongside the incumbent finance director or CFO to help manage the process, working with advisers and investors, ensuring the smooth handling of the transaction process and meeting exit expectations
We fuel growth and reduce risk
The requirement for an interim finance manager can occur particularly during the launch of new projects. Some businesses choose to recruit an interim during this period to more effectively put systems in place to ensure smooth running operations.
An experienced interim will provide vital expertise to set up and manage your finance team, providing the best chance for long term success.
Our absolute focus is on delivering ROI, better performance and financial improvement. By understanding your business challenge, we are able to define the perfect strategy and appoint the right people to deliver success.
Our unique approach reduces risk and increases your organisation's potential.
Expertise when you need it
An interim finance professional can be enlisted to support or oversee several activities, including but not limited to:
- Large-scale corporate turnarounds
- Advising within venture capital firms and private equity providers
- Overseeing and creating stronger finance teams in order to maintain workloads more efficiently during critical times
- Crisis management
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Managerial support of flotations, buy-ins and buy-outs
Flexible, agile resourcing
Many of our interim finance directors have enjoyed long, successful careers. For those who have held senior or board positions, interim assignments allow them to capitalise on their industry experience and their ability to drive change. Their skillset is broadened from being involved in several different businesses.
More often than not, finance interims are appointed in response to a distress scenario. There's usually a need to fill a role quickly after a departure, or there's an urgent strategic initiative that requires an expert finance interim to lead it
Our interims are available at short notice, offering our clients the flexibility to access specialist expertise quickly at different times of the organisational life cycle.
"A great financial professional. My business partner during the implementation of a major change programme resulting in the delivery of some very strong business results. Has the ability to be very objective and can see the big picture at all times – an excellent sounding board for a CEO." UK Managing Director
The Interim Partners difference
We work closely with our clients to help solve their most complex business challenges. Our award-winning consulting services leverage an extensive network of trusted interim managers and executives with the expertise to deliver measurable results across multiple business functions and sectors at a fraction of the cost of management consultants.
We offer a unique approach to interim recruitment and will take the time to truly understand your business. We look at what your challenges are and what you are aiming to achieve. Together, we define your assignment goals and deliverables – giving absolute clarity on the potential value add or return on investment from your interim.
Our interims are contracted through our 4-stage Return on Interim (ROI) methodology to ensure they deliver the results our clients expect, every time.
Insights and events
Need an interim manager?
Contact us today.