Interim finance directors and CFOs are proven executives who can be deployed on a short, medium or longer-term basis. Our interims are specialists in providing leadership and support an organisation during a period of change, transition or crisis.
The modern role of an interim finance director or CFO is increasingly challenging and requires an evolved and enhanced skill-set – not least a depth and breadth of capability and experience. At Interim Partners, we’ve seen a significant increase in demand for these high-calibre interims in recent years.
Interim finance assignments across industry verticals have become popular for many different reasons. The economic environment and ever-changing, fast-evolving pace of technological advancements have played particularly key roles. Together these factors are placing pressure on organisations to cut costs, drive efficiencies and, in some cases, put turnaround plans in place. This is where our interims come onto their own.
Why choose an interim finance professional?
Proven expertise and experience
Many of our interim finance directors have enjoyed long, successful careers. For those who have held senior or board positions, interim assignments allow them to capitalise on their industry experience and their ability to drive change. Their skillset is broadened from being involved in several different businesses.
Flexible, agile resource
More often than not, finance interims are appointed in response to a distress scenario. There’s usually a need to fill a role quickly after a departure, or there’s an urgent strategic initiative that requires an expert finance interim to lead it. Our interims are available at short notice. Hiring finance interims offers our clients the flexibility to access specialist expertise quickly at different times of the organisational life cycle.
Engaging Interim Partners for your interim finance engagements allows you to flexible access high-performing talent when you need it.
Typical interim finance assignments
- Interim financial director/CFO
- Interim deputy director of finance
- Interim head of management accounting / financial accounting
- Interim financial controller
- Interim finance manager
- Interim head of corporate finance
- Interim treasurer
- Contract finance director
- Interim commercial finance director
Key benefits of interim managers
- Access to strategic financial advice for new businesses to manage simple cash flow, budget planning, and establishing and managing operational systems and processes such as PAYE schemes
- Distress and Turnaround business scenarios that require high-performing finance interim to transform cash management, improve controls and administer debt refinancing strategy.
- Change transformation, for mergers and acquisitions requiring expertise to implement complex new processes and systems, and evaluating and building the finance function for operational performance and management reporting.
- Business exit/deal financial and accountancy support to manage the strategy – this may be to work alongside the incumbent finance director or CFO to help manage the process, working with advisers and investors, ensuring the smooth handling of the transaction process and meeting exit expectations.