The Changing Landscape of the NED in Financial Services
There is no doubt that the role of the non-executive director (NED) has changed significantly, the position today barely resembling what it did even just 10 years ago. Substantial business experience remains a prerequisite, but the PRA and FCA have radically changed the landscape, with NEDs now subjected to increased accountability under the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR).
On Wed 24th July, Interim Partners will be hosting a networking evening and panel discussion on ‘The Changing Landscape of the NED in Financial Services’. This is a must-attend event for senior executives considering the NED role; non-executive directors looking to grow their portfolio; and/or senior executives looking to change the composition of their existing non-executive board.
Our expert panel of experienced industry leaders will provide their expert views on a range of topics, including:
- What is the ideal board composition? The skillsets currently in demand and how boards are looking to complement their existing skills and knowledge
- How to successfully become a NED? Considerations for a portfolio or plural NED role
- SM&CR: The role of the NED and the implications of increased accountability
- Transferable skills: Which other industry sectors are open to senior financial services executives sitting on their non-exec boards?
- Diversity and inclusion at board level: The FCA’s view, cognitive diversity and how to avoid unconscious bias in board meetings
Non-Executive Director, Cashplus
Board member, UK Finance
Former CEO, Hampshire Trust Bank
NED & Chair of Board Risk Committee, Wesleyan Bank
Chair & Non-Executive Director, Market Mortgage
Former Chief Credit Officer, Santander
Non-Executive Director, Credicar
Former CEO, Volkswagen Financial Services
Date: Wednesday 24th July 2019
Time: 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Venue: Interim Partners, 15th Floor, 1 Angel Court, EC2R 7HJ
Register Your Interest
This event is invite-only and strictly restricted to senior management, C-suite, chairs, and non-executive directors. Numbers are limited and assigned on a first come first served basis. If you would like to attend, register your interest at email@example.com