The role of the non-executive director (NED) has changed significantly, with the position today barely resembling what it did even just ten years ago. What does 2020 have in store?
Substantial business experience remains a prerequisite, but regulatory bodies have radically changed the landscape with increased oversight and accountability.
Our upcoming networking evening and panel discussion explores what's ahead on the horizon in more detail, with practical advice for those considering moving into the NED role, those looking to expand their portfolio, and/or those looking to change the composition of their existing non-executive board in 2020.
Date: Wednesday 13 November, 2019
Time: 7pm - 9pm
Location: Interim Partners, Level 15, 1 Angel Court, London EC2R 7HJ
Drinks and nibbles provided.
Our panel of experienced industry leaders will provide their expert views on a range of topics, including:
- What is the ideal board composition? What skillsets are currently in demand and how are boards looking to complement their existing skills and knowledge.
- How do you successfully become a NED? What considerations do you need to make if you’re looking to create a portfolio of NED roles?
- Senior Managers and Certification Regime: The role of the NED and the implications of increased accountability.
- Transferable skills: Which other industry sectors are open to senior financial services executives sitting on their non-executive boards?
- Diversity and inclusion at board level: The FCA’s view, cognitive diversity and how to avoid unconscious bias in board meetings.
Our panel discussion will be followed by an opportunity for questions and the chance to network with our panellists and your peers.
This event has a focus on the NED role in financial services but will provide useful information for those considering the role in other sectors.
Interim COO & Strategic Advisor
Non-Executive Director, Target Group
Active Member of IoD, NEDonBoard and Women on Board
Non-Executive Director, Cashplus
Board member, UK Finance
Former CEO, Hampshire Trust Bank
NED & Chair of Board Risk Committee, Wesleyan Bank
Chair & Non-Executive Director, Market Mortgage
Former Chief Credit Officer, Santander
Register your interest
If you're a senior executive considering the NED role, a non-executive director who is looking to build your portfolio, or a senior executive looking to change the composition of your existing non-executive board, consider joining us at our next event taking place in February - it's a great opportunity to hear from experienced industry leaders and network with your peers.
Our NED events are strictly limited to senior management, c-suite, chairs and non-executive directors. If you'd like to attend please register your details below.