How does a brand like Volkswagen EVER recover from such a scandal?
This blog almost writes itself, I surely don’t need to tell you about the Volkswagen Scandal.
I am more interested in your views on the questions it raises in my mind and undoubtedly in many other people’s minds:
- How many teams and departments would have to have been involved to make this happen?
- Has this idea stemmed from one very bright manager?
- Were engineering teams under so much pressure to get results that they thought this was a feasible work around?
- Or it did it stem from elsewhere?
- Are other car manufacturers doing the same?
- What should the consequences for VW be?
- How does a brand with such strong consumer loyalty and following ever restore confidence and trust in their products?
There are of course so many more questions, but I would be really keen to pick the brains of my very experienced executive network on the above.
I look forward to hearing your views on what is a very contentious topic.
Claire Lauder is the Principal for Manufacturing & Engineering at Interim Partners.