Cranfield University National Manufacturing Debate
2016 theme: Accelerating UK Manufacturing Growth
Next week I will be attending the Cranfield University National Manufacturing Debate where the theme will be "Accelerating UK Manufacturing Growth".
Quite timely considering UK industry has seemingly slipped back into recession, according to data from ONS and Markit.
The debate encourages questions from the audience. In previous years I have emailed the blog comments I have received from my network.
The questions they are looking to answer are as follows:
- How can UK Manufacturing Growth match the best of the G7?
- What has UK manufacturing growth been since the 2008 recession?
- Why has UK manufacturing growth lagged some other countries?
- Can individual UK manufacturing companies influence UK manufacturing growth, or must it be government led?
- What actions does the UK need to take to improve manufacturing growth?
What question would you ask the panel at the Cranfield University National Manufacturing Debate?
Claire Lauder is the Director of Manufacturing & Engineering at Interim Partners.