In your sector
The transport sector is a sector in the UK is never far from the public eye. Most people use it every day. Rail, road and air travel disruption usually ends up being big news – this, along with the increasing regulatory scrutiny, cost-squeezes, ageing fleet and of course, uncertainty over investment and Brexit, makes the transport industry a particularly tough one to navigate.
That said, tough trading conditions tend to respond well to the adoption of technology and innovation. With this, issues like sustainability and access to services are possible to address with the latest innovations in digital, big data, analytics and smart ticketing – as are challenges around customer satisfaction and public perception.
More and more organisations are turning to interim managers to deliver the change they need to move forward. Our transport team connects high-calibre interim leaders with the expertise needed for delivering transformation.
Whatever your challenges, our interim managers are ready to offer their proven experience for your disposal.
Helping you deliver better outcomes
How we help
We play a vital role in unlocking the potential of our clients’ growth plans as well helping them through times of major change.
Our sector specialist consultants build strong relationships with board executives and influential leaders in transport to understand the issues the market faces.
We take an outcomes-driven, consultative approach to providing best-in-class talent to our clients’ complex challenges. We support businesses to:
- Deliver major programmes of transformation and change
- Implement new digital infrastructure
- Improve quality levels within the health, safety, environment, quality and well-being arena
- Reduce costs across multiple service lines and regions
- Achieve best practice and results with most relevant and talented people and new processes
- Our expert consultants will you to help define the problem, shape the solution and deliver the outcome through our best in class network of interim managers.
Our experience in the Transport sector spans all modes of transport. We've been involved in major motorway maintenance projects, where service provision had deteriorated. We've placed interim leaders into multiple Train Operating Companies (TOCs) as both gap-fill executives and end of contract demobilisation specialists.
The world of the buses has been very strong for us too, having worked across a broad range of bus providers from large regional concessions, to rural routes, TfL red buses and specialist patient transfer contracts.
Typical interim assignments
Key benefits of interim managers
- Hiring of expertise on a short-term basis to offer consultancy for due diligence of a new investment opportunity
- Experience leadership for building and onboarding new start-up teams and operations
- Programme management and specialist expertise to support the management and delivery of an end-to-end merger or acquisition
- Critical expertise and cost-effective option to support under-performing business units that require diagnostics and change management
- Specialist expertise to deliver new software programme integrations and roll-outs
- Programme management expertise for transformation of existing service lines
- Critical resource to fill an unforeseen gap in the senior management team
- Interim CFO
- Interim CTO
- Interim commercial director
- Interim operations/procurement director
- Interim CEO/MD
- Interim finance director
- Interim customer experience director
- Interim fleet director
- Interim strategic adviser
The Interim Partners difference
We work closely with our clients to help solve their most complex business challenges. Our award-winning consulting services leverage an extensive network of trusted interim managers and executives with the expertise to deliver measurable results across multiple business functions and sectors at a fraction of the cost of management consultants.
We offer a unique approach to interim recruitment and will take the time to truly understand your business. We look at what your challenges are and what you are aiming to achieve. Together, we define your assignment goals and deliverables – giving absolute clarity on the potential value add or return on investment from your interim.
Our interims are contracted through our 4-stage Return on Interim (ROI) methodology to ensure they deliver the results our clients expect, every time.