In your sector
The FMCG sector never stands still. There are always challenges to face. But whatever the market conditions, there are also opportunities to gain a competitive advantage and grow.
Our FMCG team partners forward-looking businesses in achieving sustainable change – change that delivers on ambitious commercial goals. We have supported wide-ranging companies and diverse transformation programmes, from huge carve outs of businesses following private equity acquisitions, to start-ups aiming to develop brand, sales and profitability, to SMEs needing assistance in the growth of their business.
By building long-lasting relationships, we gain a fuller understanding of the challenges involved, then connect our clients with the best talent in the market.
We’re able to support with single interim appointments and consultancy projects. We also build whole teams to deliver complex change and high-level transformations.
Our focus is always your end goal – and achieving the outcome to deliver it.
Working with our FMCG clients
Drawing on significant FMCG experience, our team have the knowledge, insight and expertise to deliver across diverse industry sectors.
We give you access to a trusted network of senior professionals - interims who have driven results for some of the UK’s most dynamic FMCG businesses.
How we help
We’re passionate about helping our clients’ businesses move forward. We liaise closely with you to agree a talent solution aligned to your goals. Then, our subject matter experts, interim executives and/or consultancy teams are deployed to fix problems, drive growth or turn performance around.
“When we needed an interim member of my executive team and board member at short notice, Interim Partners, Sarah Simpson quickly assembled a list of strong candidates for consideration. She guided them and us through a thorough process in a very timely manner to suit our timescales.
We ended up appointing a very high-calibre candidate as an interim, who has since become a permanent member of the team.
Sarah Simpson is not your run-of-the-mill interim management advisor – far from it. The level of service was exceptional. I would choose to work with Interim Partners again on a senior interim assignment in a heartbeat”.
John Power, CEO Symingtons Ltd
How we can help
In a fiercely competitive market, manufacturers are evolving rapidly to outperform their peers. Automation and new technologies are opening possibilities beyond cost-cutting and efficiency gains. Businesses that move faster than the competition will hold the upper hand, potentially for years ahead.
With speed at the essence, more and more manufacturers are turning to interim experts to deliver change. Our FMCG team connects businesses with experienced leaders who understand how to manage transformation, improve processes, drive growth and boost profits.
Our team have supported owner-managed businesses, private equity-backed firms and large corporates in achieving their individual goals. Whatever the specifics of your situation, we can place talent with the experience to excel.
We help our clients
- Implement new structures, people and processes
- Deliver workforce implementation plans
- Design and deliver quality improvement plans
- Improve the customer journey and experience while incresing efficiencies and reducing costs
- Create financial rigour in distressed situations
- Transform supply chains and operations
- Achieve better brand propositions
- Provide commercial and strategic assistance, along with hands on assistance
Typical interim assignments
Key benefits of interim managers
- Cost-effective expertise to lead and deliver change and transformation
- Immediate access to specialist expertise for delivering operational and financial turnaround
- Hiring of expertise on a project basis to support pre-acquisition due diligence
- Leadership and programme management for successful end-to-end delivery of a merger or acquisition
- Programme director – Global FMCG chilled business
- CIO – European consumer manufacturing company
- Head of Indirect Procurement – Global Food Service
- Head of Logistics – Start-up consumer manufacturing
- Group Financial Controller – multi-billion FMCG
- HR Transformation Director – Food ingredients business
- Marketing director – global dairy business
- M&A consultant – private equity-backed firm with FMCG investment
The Interim Partners difference
We work closely with our clients to help solve their most complex business challenges. Our award-winning consulting services leverage an extensive network of trusted interim managers and executives with the expertise to deliver measurable results across multiple business functions and sectors at a fraction of the cost of management consultants.
We offer a unique approach to interim recruitment and will take the time to truly understand your business. We look at what your challenges are and what you are aiming to achieve. Together, we define your assignment goals and deliverables – giving absolute clarity on the potential value add or return on investment from your interim.
Our interims are contracted through our 4-stage Return on Interim (ROI) methodology to ensure they deliver the results our clients expect, every time.
Executive search & selection
Our extensive candidate network means we're well placed to find high-calibre candidates when you're looking to recruit a permanent c-suite or senior leadership professional. Wickland Westcott, our executive search business, delivers retained executive-level assignments both internationally and domestically, centring on the recruitment of CEOs, MDs and general managers along with other senior leadership professionals.
Across assignments, we provide up-to-date marketplace insight, making clear recommendations on when to recruit within niche sectors and when to bring in fresh skills and perspective from outside.
Our high-quality, holistic service combines the capability of our highly experienced executive recruitment consultants with in-depth psychometric/personality assessments delivered by qualified occupational psychologists. Our search and selection methodology will ensure a cultural fit and alignment to values and organisational purpose, which is particularly important at a senior level.
Why Wickland Westcott?
- Over 40 years' experience in executive search and leadership consultancy
- Placed over 2,000 senior leaders across industry sectors
- 99% customer satisfaction
- 98% candidate satisfaction over the last 5 years
- Assignment completion rate of 96%
- 95% of candidates placed are still in their role after a year
Need an interim manager?
Contact us today.