In your sector
Against a backdrop of tightening budgets, the challenges facing local authorities continue to grow.
Our local government team provides experienced interim executives who bring something extra to your organisation – helping to deliver the sustainable change needed to give communities the services they deserve.
Working nationwide, our consultants build long-lasting relationships with leaders – to develop innovative answers to the complex issues they face. You’ll get access to interim executives who can help provide higher-quality, lower-cost services and ensure sustainable economic development, increased accountability and a better living and social environment for all.
In addition, to single interim appointments and consultancy projects, we are experienced in building teams to perform high-level change and complex transformations.
Whatever the challenge you face, we can find the interim talent to tackle it.
Helping you deliver better outcomes
With the pressures on councils growing, chief executives and leaders have recognised the need to do things differently. Senior interim managers empower local authorities to look beyond organisational boundaries and take a whole systems’ approach.
Our consultants have worked within the public sector for over 20 years. We have built a deep understanding of the landscape and have built a network of talented interims and consultants who have a strong track record of delivering results across a complex landscape.
How we help
Adapting for the future requires significant financial, operational and workforce planning - to both protect and enhance the value that local authorities bring.
We play a vital supporting role. Our subject matter experts, interim executives and consultancy teams can facilitate and support the change needed to help local authorities flourish.
We help our clients:
- Implement new structures, people and processes
- Positively change their target operating model
- Deliver on decentralisation
- Redesign services to meet local needs
- Create financial rigour in distressed situations
- Achieve digital reform
- Consolidate and implement shared services and commercial delivery models
Typical interim assignments
Key benefits of interim manager
- Agile expert resource to help local authorities overwhelmed by regulatory pressures
- Hired expertise on a project-basis to deliver major regeneration and new build schemes
- Leadership and specialist expertise for supporting distressed departments requiring turnaround
- Short-term hiring of expertise to identify improvements and cost-saving opportunities across the local authority
- Strategic acumen to devise and execute development strategies
- Expertise and leadership capability for establishing development vehicles, joint ventures and local housing companies
- Interim director of development
- Interim CEO of ALMO
- Interim finance director
- Interim MD local housing company
- Interim head of asset strategy
- Interim director of resident services
The Interim Partners difference
We work closely with our clients to help solve their most complex business challenges. Our award-winning consulting services leverage an extensive network of trusted interim managers and executives with the expertise to deliver measurable results across multiple business functions and sectors at a fraction of the cost of management consultants.
We offer a unique approach to interim recruitment and will take the time to truly understand your business. We look at what your challenges are and what you are aiming to achieve. Together, we define your assignment goals and deliverables – giving absolute clarity on the potential value add or return on investment from your interim.
Our interims are contracted through our 4-stage Return on Interim (ROI) methodology to ensure they deliver the results our clients expect, every time.