In your sector
Manufacturing & Engineering
The worlds of manufacturing and engineering are evolving as rapidly as ever before. Whole sectors are being revolutionised by rapid innovation in everything from materials to AI, digitalisation and the Internet of Things. Sustainability is a priority for all.
With costs rising and competition growing, organisations need leaders with a special combination of abilities. It takes both technical and people skills to deliver the transformation demanded by Industry 4.0.
More and more businesses are turning to interim managers to deliver change at key times. Our manufacturing and engineering practice connects businesses of all sizes with high-calibre interim professionals.
Whatever your strategic goals, we can deploy high-calibre interims who have faced a similar task before – and are ready to deliver for you next.
Helping you deliver better outcomes
The financial and regulatory pressures on manufacturers mean that strong, strategic leadership is a must – especially during transformation and times of change.
Interim managers offer that leadership expertise alongside a vital external perspective and outcome-focused mindset. We work with some of the best talent around.
We have over 20 years’ experience in the industry, delivering value to our clients through the provision of interim executives, interim teams and leadership advisory services.
Our team has delivered superior outcomes for complex engagements time and time again. We deliver a wide range of mandates ranging from executive and functional leadership assignments to business transformation and programme management.
How we help
We’re focused on building relationships and partnering with both clients and senior interim managers across key sectors:
- Oil and gas, mining and renewables
- FMCG & consumer manufacturing
- Healthcare, medical & pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Defence and aerospace manufacturing
- Traditional UK manufacturing including automotive
- German manufacturing markets
Our associates are engaged through our ROI methodology, via statement of work, or on time and materials frameworks. By defining the desired outcome and mapping out the best way to achieve success, we deliver the results you want.
Typical interim assignments
Key benefits of interim managers
- Need to fill as gap as have a skill-set shortage and do not have the luxury of hiring permanent expertise
- Cost-effective hiring of expertise to lead and deliver change and transformation
- Immediate access to specialist expertise for delivering operational and financial turnaround
- Hiring of expertise on a project basis to support pre-acquisition due diligence
- Expertise and consultancy to deliver due diligence in a key strategic area – for example, a factory closure or relocation
- Leadership and programme management for successful end-to-end delivery of a merger or acquisition
- Board & Leadership – CEO, COO, MD, CIO
- Finance & Accountancy – CFO, FD
- Risk & Compliance – CCO, CRO
- Information and Change – CTO, Chief Data Officer, Head of Transformation, GDPR
- Operations & HR – Ops Director, Head of PMO, HRD
- Commercial Leadership – CMO, Commercial Director
The Interim Partners difference
We work closely with our clients to help solve their most complex business challenges. Our award-winning consulting services leverage an extensive network of trusted interim managers and executives with the expertise to deliver measurable results across multiple business functions and sectors at a fraction of the cost of management consultants.
We offer a unique approach to interim recruitment and will take the time to truly understand your business. We look at what your challenges are and what you are aiming to achieve. Together, we define your assignment goals and deliverables – giving absolute clarity on the potential value add or return on investment from your interim.
Our interims are contracted through our 4-stage Return on Interim (ROI) methodology to ensure they deliver the results our clients expect, every time.